Here are the ways to contact HARRIS MUSICOLOGY.
Also, be sure to read What to
Send and How as well as What
We Need to Know.
By Appointment or Messenger
24 W. 69th Sreet, Suite 5A
Between Central Park West &
Upper West Side of Manhattan.
By Mail, UPS, FedEx, etc.
24 W. 69th St. Ste. 5A
New York, NY 10023
(Weekdays, 9am to 6pm EST)
212-496-1846 (Please call or email
an alert when faxing.)
Note: the above is a NEW ADDRESS as of December 1st, 2010!
You should send us an audio recording of the music
in question if one exists. Also, if there was any music used at any
as a stand-in or inspiration for the music to be cleared (i.e. "guide,"
"scratch" or "reference" track) please send a recording
of it as well, or at least provide as much information about it as
possible (title, composer, performer, album and track no.).
Here are the kinds of audio we can accept, in order of preference:
- Sound file via email (all formats, MP3 preferred)
- Sound file available for downloading online
If it is important for us to see picture with sound (and it sometimes
is), here are the kinds of video we can accept, in order of preference:
- Video file (QuickTime or MPEG-4 preferred) via email
- Video available for downloading online
If you have sheet music or a lyric sheet that goes with your recording, please send
it as well. Here is how we prefer to receive it:
- PDF file via email or posted on your site.
- Hardcopy by mail or messenger
- Fax transmission
If you send sheet music without a recording, please be aware that
we can only clear the composition itself. A clearance
letter from us would not extend to any existing or future recording
of the composition.
In order to get your job off to a good start, here is the information
you should provide along with your music:
- Basic Facts Needed for the Report
Background and Related Information about Your Music
- What is the title of your composition?
- Who is the client and what is the product?
- What is the name, street address and web address of your company?
- Who do I send my report to?
- When does he/she need it?
- Who do I send the invoice to?
- Was there a reference track? (See above section on sending materials.)
- If so, did anyone inquire about licensing the music?
- Is this a demo or the final version?
- Will there be sound (voice-over, on-camara sound and/or effects) added to the music?
- What is the venue (TV, cable, radio, theatrical film, video /DVD, CD album, web site, live event, etc.)?
- If for TV or radio, is it regional or national? If regional, where?
- How often and for how long will it be aired?